Wordless Wednesdays

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Squishy


Last week, my precious, oh-so-sweet, jolly, delightfully squishy second-born son Daniel Weston turned three.

There's something truly weird about your middle child turning three. The fact that my oldest is turning 5 in a couple of months isn't fazing me too much at the moment. The fact that my youngest just turned 1 recently hasn't freaked me out too much. The first year has a tendency to fly by at an alarmingly high rate of speed. BUT...all that to say: Daniel's getting older. Gone are the days when he would call muffins "fwuttins", make his Serious Face, and toddle around with bright green crocs and a ferociously curly head of blonde hair (don't ask me how Steve and I produced a blonde child. We're still scratching our heads about that one). He still does adorable things everyday, and he is such a joyful little guy. It's very common to see Daniel prancing around the house saying,"Mommy, I'm happy! I'm happy!!" And it makes me so very happy to know that my son is happy. And so, here is a picture tribute of my happy little man.

I call this one,"Bubble Boy." I love the little line of bubbles in his curly hair.


Oh dear. I am getting dangerously close to needing a Kleenex. The widdle gween cwocs. The chubby wubby arms clutching a huge bottle of bubbles and the bubble wand. My baby.


Fast-forward 2 years. My little man.

Happy. Cherubic. Daniel was my first cuddly baby. David was a very busy baby. He had many, many things to do. Toys to play with. Floors to crawl around on. Diapers to fill. He was not a cuddler; not in the least! But Daniel...

Fills my life with hugs, kisses, and snuggles every single day. Even now, when he wakes up from his afternoon nap, he immediately plops into my lap for some Mommy time for about 5 minutes before he runs off to play. I love this. I know that this won't last forever, but I am so grateful for the gifts that I have right now.

Happy Birthday, Daniel. Thank You, God; for bestowing on us this beautiful little boy.

3 comments:

  1. I may be wrong, but I remember Steve having blonde hair at this age - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1272293700488&set=t.566761744&type=1&theater

    Love the photos by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious and wonderful!! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank, you're right! Steve did have a crazy headful of white-blonde hair as a baby/toddler. I guess I better enjoy it while it lasts. Thanks for reading; I'm glad you like the pictures!
    Mindy- thank you! Isn't it amazing how fast our little guys are growing up?

    ReplyDelete