Wordless Wednesdays

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today

Today...

We hiked around a local cross country trail. I had Lucy in the baby carrier, and considering that we hiked about 3 miles, the boys did a fantastic job. Then we had a delightful little picnic lunch afterwards, which was also quite fantastic.

We came home and have done very, very little since arriving home. Folding laundry, reading blogs, doing some summer math lessons with David, doing a much-needed load of diapers in the wash, making Green Monster Spinach Smoothies, and getting super-pumped about our upcoming adventure to the Adler Planetarium tomorrow. Yes, it's true. Steve surprised us with some unexpected time off of work, so it's off to Chicago for us (our favorite big city).

I am desperately trying to motivate myself to cook tonight. Everything is simple, defrosted, and ready to go. I'm just a wee bit exhausted from the morning hike. ZZZzzzzzzz...*snort cough* I'm awake, I'm awake!

I have had an epiphany of sorts. I've grown weary of wasting precious time doing things that have no eternal value whatsoever. I need to play piano more often, engage in creativity more often, blog more often, and work out more often. A lot of "more oftens", but it simply must be done.

I don't like hummus. There, I said it. I've tried, and tried, and tried, but I just lose interest after 2 bites.

I double-dipped a tortilla chip today. Wow, this is getting more and more personal. I should stop.

Lots of exciting ambitions coming to my kitchen soon! Ratatouille! Peach Clafouti! Peach Galette! PEACHES PEACHES PEACHES PEACHES. And peaches.

I miss my sister Meg. She moved to the mountains of North Carolina, and now she's suffering, simply suffering her way through local, organic food, misty mountains, and cool evenings. Suffering, I tell you!

The lake smells like dead fish today. I don't like those days.

I spilled salsa on a white shirt.

It's 5:15. I should probably start procrastinating making dinner!

Looking forward to Fall, homeschooling, soups, stews, chowders, and bisques,

Skary Mary :-)

Do you like to linger with summer? Or are you like me, anxiously awaiting the arrival of fall? What do you look forward to baking/cooking the most in the cooler months?




1 comment:

  1. hahaha I love you so much. My life is always filled with "more oftens" as well. Cook some scratch more, make more instead of buy more, stop pooping so much, wait, no. I love you and miss you. I can't wait for you to visit. P.S.S. I am dying to road trip to the west next summer (WHY CANT I STAY STILL WHEREVER I AM!)

    ReplyDelete