Wordless Wednesdays

Friday, May 6, 2011

Fab Five Friday Foto(s) Part 3.14


Okay. It's Friday night.

Tall glass of ice water? Check.

Headphones to block out the BANG BANG SHOOT SHOOT background of Steve's movie? Check.

Chapstick? Check. (Yes, I'm a chapstick freak. Tremendously so.)

Music that makes me feel as though I am strolling through the streets of Paris? Check. (Thank you, Pandora.)

Freshly uploaded pictures? Check.

A morbidly obese slice of freshly baked chocolate-chip banana bread? Check. Oh, wait; I already ate it. DANGIT.

All righty. I'm ready. Let's get to it, shall we?


Ahh, hyacinths. I love thee with a passion that knoweth no bounds...or something like that. I was pretty stoked about capturing a "Water Droplets on Pink Hyacinths" picture. Yay, me! I've always been under the impression that capturing water droplets on some form of plant life is a respectable accomplishment in the world of photography. I also have no idea what I'm talking about.


There's going to be a bit of a theme today. That theme is "Funky Unky Nate". Or rather, "My Brother Uncle Nate, the Girt Beastie". Only Nathan and I know what a Girt Beastie is, and we refer to each fondly as fellow Girt Beasties. The story is too long, complicated, boring, and immature to expound upon right now, but it involves playing massive amounts of Mario Brothers 3, finding the Magic Flute to skip to Level 9, eating Oke Doke popcorn, and making general nuisances of ourselves. Ahh, those were the days.


I must confess; I absolutely LOVE watching my brother interact with my boys. They adore him. Can you tell? :) The relationship between and uncle and his nephews is a unique thing to behold. And very, very heart-warming.


Yes. He is a bit of a beastie, but I am grateful that I actually have a relationship with my brother. He hates talking on the phone. I love this about him, because I understand so very well. We text. That is what we do.


Uncle Nate is also most obliging when it comes to taking family pictures for me. Do you know how difficult it is to get a decent family picture? I can practically see all of you nodding your heads in fervent agreement. Everybody needs an Uncle Nate to take a family picture once in a while. And because my precious wittle Lucas was napping during picture time...

Now doesn't that just put an instant smile on your face? Have a lovely weekend, everyone! Thanks for reading!


3 comments:

  1. Awwww-- love this post, Mary. I've always admired your sibling relationship with mischievous Nat Skop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah! Just the other day, I was reminded of one of the many bizarre adventures we had with Nat. Do hockey helmets, 4-ft long straws, VW Jetta, and Cousins Subs ring a bell for you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish there was a like button! :)

    ReplyDelete